There are a tremendous number of uses for plastic cards.
Their durability and high-quality mean they can be used in a wide range of situations. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
There are so many uses for plastic cards, it might just blow your mind!
- A Commitment To The Environment
- You can recycle old plastic cards into new cards to reduce waste and keep old cards out of landfills.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are made equal, and finding the one that is best for your business can be difficult.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
The best printer brands on our user-friendly website
Detailed product review from other customers. Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
It doesn't have to be an overwhelming task to shop for an ID card printer, and if you focus on these important factors, it will help you to narrow down your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers will save you a considerable amount of time on large batches. 2) Reverse Transfer vs Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers are the most commonly used and most cost-effective printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also known as re-transfer) require the use of a ribbon and a transfer film for the best quality print that ensures a full bleed with no borders. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print large batches usually need printers with larger hopper sizes, high-yield ribbons, and faster print speeds.
Companies that print small batches can save money with handfed printers or printers that don’t have high-volume features. 4. Lamination and visual security Laminating ID cards can increase the durability and value of cards. It’s essential for cards used on a regular basis.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
All ID card printers can be connected to a computer with a simple USB cable connection.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, a printer with Ethernet connection is essential. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
Polyvinyl chloride is a popular equivalent for plastic these days, and even though you probably think first of pipes and construction, PVC happens to be a very durable plastic which is perfect for printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use any number of methods to transfer a design on to an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
The most popular method of ID card printing, dye sublimation printing, uses a ribbon which has panels of the three primary colors (yellow, cyan and magenta) along its entire length.
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation usually only applies to color PVC card printers; black and white PVC card printers call this process resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a brochure or demonstration of the Badgy Printer, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This single-sided printer will do the job very nicely, as you flip the card over and run it through on the reverse side.
You save $600, the cost difference between a single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. Printing on Demand Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour!
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
You'll enjoy professional results with printing that covers the entire card, sharp and focused images with strong color, and an amazing degree of personalization.
EASE OF USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
CONVENIENTLY SIZED! The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard sheet of paper, making it fit easily into any workspace.
- It's extremely lightweight, weighing in at 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile print system is a breeze to install, and is used the same way as any ordinary office printer.
- It is small and lightweight, which means it will fit into almost any office workspace.
- The Evolis Badgy200 solution helps you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic customization and instant card production, as individual cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for making personalized employee, visitor and event badges, library student and membership cards, and much more!
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can use it to design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included.
- It's compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to create personalized badges in minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows control of the printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- At badgy .com, you’ll find a free card template library, where you can add text, logos, photos, and more, to the template of your choice.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
All of the card loading and unloading is handled via a simple tray at the front. Card printing, changing ribbons and computer connections are even simpler than the typical printer.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. The Badgy200 is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
No matter how many cards you're printing, overall card printing costs are competitively low and, therefore, very cost-effective.
You can conserve both electricity and money when using hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy200 Overview: This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer to produce cards at 300 dpi with two million colors available.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges